Napa Cabbage & Cucumber Salad
A light, simple, refreshing salad that's a perfect alternative to a heavier cole slaw. The crunch and tang pairs well with everything from barbecue to Asian-inspried rice dishes.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups thinly shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber or more to taste
- ¼ red or white onion very thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Combine the cabbage, cucumber, and onion in a medium bowl and season generously with about two tablespoons of salt.
Let sit about 10 minutes until they start to release water, then gently massage to release mroe liquid. Continue massaging until the vegetables are uniformly soft.
Drain the excess liquid and add vinegar and oil. Toss to coat.
Taste and season with more salt if needed. Will keep in the fridge for a few days, though you'll lose some of the crunch after about day 2.