Servings: 8 servings
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers drained
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 jalapeno pepper jarred or fresh, optional
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add the chickpeas and roasted red peppers to a food processor and pulse a few times until they start to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except olive oil and run food processor for about 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor if needed.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor again if needed.
- Taste and see whether you need to add any more lemon juice, salt, or smoked paprika to taste. If the consistency is too thick, continue to add more olive oil and pulse.
- Serve topped with olive oil and smoked paprika if desired. Keeps for about a week in the fridge!
There’s a lot of room for personal preference with this hummus. Add as much lemon juice or smoked paprika as you like. You can also add cumin but this particular hummus doesn’t necessarily need it. You may also like extra tahini if you like sesame flavor.