- 4 cups thinly shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber or more to taste
- ¼ red or white onion very thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the cabbage, cucumber, and onion in a medium bowl and season generously with about two tablespoons of salt.
- Let sit about 10 minutes until they start to release water, then gently massage to release mroe liquid. Continue massaging until the vegetables are uniformly soft.
- Drain the excess liquid and add vinegar and oil. Toss to coat.
- Taste and season with more salt if needed. Will keep in the fridge for a few days, though you'll lose some of the crunch after about day 2.