- Large bowl
- Small mason jar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dill chopped, or 1-2 tsp dried
- 2.5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Kale & Fennel Salad
- 4 cups kale chopped and tough stems removed
- 1 fennel bulb sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3 fennel stalks sliced
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped
- 2 oz goat cheese
- In a small jar, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and shake well.
- Add the kale to a large bowl and drizzle with 2-3 Tbsp of the vinaigrette.
- "Massage" the kale with your hands, scrunching and squishing well for two or three minutes. The kale should reduce in volume by about half. Taste some to see if it's tender enough. If not, continue massaging.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and mix well to combine.