Servings: 4 servings
- 3 medium sweet potatoes diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 8 hot dogs sliced
- 1 28-oz can baked beans with bacon
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 3 Tbsp barbecue sauce (if desired)
- Bring a pot of water with about a tablespoon of salt to boil, and add diced sweet potatoes.
- In a separate medium saucepan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until just starting to soften.
- Add hot dogs and cook until starting to brown.
- Add can of baked beans and mustard.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done -- meaning they are soft and you can easily pierce them with a fork -- drain and add to the franks and beans.
- Simmer for a few more minutes, adding barbecue sauce to taste if desired.
- Servce with rice, pasta, or tortilla chips! Also delicious with a splash of hot sauce.