- 4 crowns broccoli
- olive oil
Beef & Tofu
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb tofu, firm or extra firm drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- scallions thinly sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut broccoli crowns into bite-sized pieces. I like to slice the florets down the middle once or twice so there is about an inch of stem left.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of garlic powder if desired.
- Spread broccoli on baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the edges just start to char.
Beef and Tofu
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, start browning the ground beef.
- When almost fully browned, add tofu and crumble, mixing in with beef.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients.
- When the beef is done and the tofu is beginning to brown just a bit on the edges, mix in the sauce and the finished baked broccoli.
- Mix together and cook for a few minutes. Serve hot with scallions (if desired) and rice.